General Fiction posted April 24, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
When there is no place to run

Hunted

by Kazzawin

She stood with her back to the wall, listening, her heart pounding so hard she could hear it. Somewhere, behind her, a doorknob turned. It groaned and squeaked before the door creaked open.

Silence.

The door slammed shut, the noise reverberating in her ears. Sweat beaded on her brow and she could feel it coursing down her back in little rivulets.
She waited. Was someone in there with her or had they left? She concentrated only on listening, shallowing her breathing to accommodate this.

Nothing.

The muscles in her back had stiffened as she cautiously turned herself around, conscious of the fact that any sound would reveal her hiding place. She looked down at her feet, making sure there was nothing there as she moved that could give the game away.

So far so good!

Gingerly, she pushed herself away from the wall and stepped backwards. She could now see the left side of the adjoining room. It was dark, but her eyes had become accustomed and she saw...nothing. Slowly shifting to her right she peered fearfully past the wall.

'There you are!'

It came from behind her.

Stricken with fear, she closed her eyes to meet her fate.



200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.


Watched too many scary movies : )
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Kazzawin All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Kazzawin has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.