Spiritual Poetry posted March 16, 2016 Chapters:  ...386 387 -388- 389... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Piem - A Poem Based on the Number Pi

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Sin

by Treischel



Pi to the 65th Digit
(3.1415926535897932846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230)



3.                    SIN.
141592           I have a sense squeezing me.
653589           Dozing while now among creeping fuzziness.
793284           Nothing objective was in immediate play,
626433           before my sleepy head was out,
832795           drifting off in languid catatonic state.
0
288419           So, listless flounder that I represent,
716939           showing a torpid spiritual ego unguarded,
93751             demonized net entraps numb I.
0
582                  Demon snatches me!
0
974944           Unknowing victim's soul committed from Hell,
5923               after victories of sin.
0
78164           "Whisper, alleluia!" a spirit says.
0


 




Languid - weak, sluggish, slow
Catatonic - being in a stupor, non-responsive, unaware
Listless - drowsy, quiet
Torpid - sluggish, dormant
Demonized - to be controlled by, or of demons

When you commit sins, especially several even small ones, you put out a welcome mat. A sign welcoming demons in. They may creep up on you then, even when you're sleeping. It's a victory for them. But they don't sing "Alleluia" in loud exclamations. Oh no, theirs is a sly secretive whisper.

I missed national Pi day, but was reminded of it and the Piem format when I reviewed Pantygynt's birthday tribute to I Am Cat. So, I was inspired to write one.

This Poem is a Piem.
Piems are described in Wikipedia as follows:
Piems (a "portmanteau", formed by combining pi and poem) are poems that represent PI in a way such that the length of each word (in letters) represents a digit in the value of PI. So what I did here is, after the initial "3." (which I used as the Title), broke the decimal digits into groupings of six, to create each line of free verse poetry, wherever possible. However, there is no word for the digit "0", so that became the stanza breaks for me. So the trick here, in this type of poem, is to find and combine words that match the required digits for each line, and still come up with a cohesive story. Of course, there are only two words that have 1 digit in English - "I" and "a", so give me a bit of license here. Punctuation is added in order to assist in reading and interpreting the story, but does not factor into the digit counts.

This picture is from Yahoo images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.