General Non-Fiction posted March 14, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Our baby girl

March 14, 1981

by jmdg1954






We returned from the cemetery mid-Sunday afternoon. Today, Monday she would have turned thirty-five.

On March 14, 1981, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Kristen Danene. She weighed eight pounds and eleven ounces. Why is it I can remember her weight but haven't the faintest idea what the birth-weight was for my other three children?

She was a special little girl. So special that God had greater plans for her. He only allowed her in our lives for forty-five minutes before sending his angels down from heaven.

My wife was exhausted. After nearly twenty-four hours in the birthing room trying to deliver naturally, the doctors decided it would be best to perform a Cesarean delivery. I had to leave her side and wait. It wasn't long after we parted till the nurse came and told me I was a father to a little baby girl. I couldn't believe it. Me, a daddy.

Ecstatic, I went and called my parents, Kristen's grandparents to the share the good news. One hour later I called back, crying on the telephone with the horrific change of events. It happened so quickly. To quickly for anyone to endure.

I vaguely remember the doctor breaking the news to us. Overwrought with emotion, he had to divulge how our beautiful, little girl was succumbed by meconium aspirations. How we lost her. Why we lost her. We were devastated.

I'll never forget holding Kristen after she passed away, kissing her forehead and telling her, "I love you"! I can still feel her in the folds of my arms as I held her close to my heart. I wanted the pumping of my muscle to give her life, to have her eyes open and her lips smile. I wanted her to breathe. I was her father. I was supposed to make it happen!

It was then the angels lifted her soul and took her. They took her way above the clouds to spend her eternal life with God. She was safe from any harm.

God needed her. He entrusted her to watch our family. She blessed our three beautiful children, and now three wonderful grandchildren.

Every year, without fail we visit her grave. We clean the ground surrounding her stone, plant a flower and stick a mylar balloon in the earth. I'll hold my wife's hand and we'll say a prayer.

We probably will continue visiting Kristen's grave until we can no longer walk...



Recognized


About five years ago, I posted "The Timecard". Many of you on the site at that time read and shared your thoughts. Thank you. I guess another milestone birthday is upon us and I wanted to honor my little angel once again. I love you, Kristen.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jmdg1954 All rights reserved.
jmdg1954 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.