Family Flash Fiction posted February 15, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Tale of love

The Lunchroom Affair

by GWHARGIS

He watches her from across the cafeteria. His golden prize, eating her peanut butter and jelly sandwich, giggling with her friends. And every day he sits, exiled from his one true love. And why? Because he has severe food allergies. He longs to tell her how he feels.

Surely, she notices. How can she not?

Days turn to weeks, and each day it becomes harder and harder to stay so far away. One day, as he is going to return to class, he sees her in the hall. She is all alone, and with one sweet smile aimed in his direction, he makes up his mind.

"I think you are the most beautiful girl in the world," he says, spilling all of his pent up emotions.

Her demure smile is his reward. "I like you, too."

Heart beating faster than a hummingbird's wings, he leans in swiftly to kiss her cheek. She meets him, lips pursed and ready.

His world seems to fade out with that magical kiss. And as the paramedics place the oxygen mask over his nose and mouth, he smiles at the crowd gathered around him.

Through swollen lips he whispers weakly, "Ith was toally worth ith."



Recognized


This was a practice flash fiction. Feedback welcome. Thank you to pattygirl for the perfect picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.