General Poetry posted September 20, 2015 Chapters:  ...330 331 -332- 333... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Triquatrain Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Fall's Magic

by Treischel


On bright fall day, just find a way
to take the colors in.
Then without fail, go find the trail
to where it all begins.

A gentle breeze blows through the trees,
where hues are showing well.
Upon the path, the amaranth
has cast a magic spell.

For every bush has turned a blush
from lime to tangerine,
or grasped a hold of marigold,
if not of icterine.

So kick a sheaf of brittle leaf
that crackles as you go.
While leaves of rust return to dust
in Fate's autumnal flow.






Recognized


Celebrating the glorious colors of spring here as the trees show off their colors and the path is strewn with leaves.

Things specified in this poem:
Amarath - is a rose-red color of the flower of the amaranth plant.
The first written use of amaranth as a color name in English was in 1690. The name is derived from the name in Greek mythology of a flower that was believed to never die, that grew in the abode of the Greek gods on Mount Olympus.

Blush - to turn a reddish color

Lime - a bright shade of green.

Tangerine - Tangerine is an orange color hue used to give the impression of the tangerine fruit. Because of the brightness of the color variants, they are often employed to make a small but centrally important object stand out, especially when surrounded by the flat colors of earth tones. One of the original "fruit-flavored" iMacs released in 1999 was the Tangerine iMac. (Apple could not call it "Orange" due to the existence of the rival firm Orange Micro).

Icterine - is a color, described as yellowish, jaundice-yellow or marked with yellow. It is derived from Ancient Greek "ikteros" (jaundice), via the Latin ictericus. It is used as an adjective in the names of birds with yellowish plumage.

Marigold - is a yellow-orange color. It is named after the flower of the same name.
The first recorded use of golden as a color name in English was in 1300. Source: Wikipedia.

This poem is a Triquatrain.
The Triquatrain form was created by Robert L. Huntsman. It is a quatrain poem in tri-rhyme (or 3 rhymes) per quatrain with a specific rhyming pattern. Lines 1 and 3 have internal rhyme, whereas lines 2 and 4 do not.
Rhyme Pattern:
Stanza 1:
(a,a) - inline rhyme
b
(c,c) - inline rhyme
b

Stanza 2:
(d,d) - inline rhyme
e
(f,f) - inline rhyme
e

Stanza 3:
(g,g) - inline rhyme
h
(i,i) - inline rhyme
h

. . . and so on. Minimun 3 stanzas.

The meter is: 8/6/8/6 in each stanza.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on October 16, 2014.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.