General Fiction posted August 18, 2015 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 149-word story

A chapter in the book Short

Don't Smoke

by Bill Schott



The boy had been smoking a cigarette out by the trash cans and had accidently started a fire in one when he'd tossed in a butt.

Trying to put it out, the white billowing haze caused his hoodie to fill up with smoke. This gave him the appearance of a creature from a horror movie.

He managed to burn his hand in the process, so he ran into the bathroom through the back door. Barging in he saw his mother was standing in the bathtub -- douching. The bottle, presumably filled with vinegar, was being held in the affected area and she was in mid squeeze.

The world ceased moving as he stood, seemingly smoldering as if he were about to explode into flame.

Exiting, finally, he dashed to the kitchen sink to soak his hand. From that window, a surreal scene of roaring flames and a fire truck appeared.


 



150 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story in no more than 150 words using boy, fire, vinegar, hoodie, and world.

Story can be about any topic you want to write about as long as it uses all five words.


Necessary words: boy, fire, vinegar, hoodie, and world.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.