General Fiction posted August 16, 2015 Chapters:  ...27 28 -29- 30... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a 150 word story

A chapter in the book Short

Morning Murder

by Bill Schott



The assailing noise of the phone struck like a rock machinegun shooting stalactite projectiles of sound at my temples.

"Hello?" was the light greeting I gave to the remarkably phone-like clock I held to my ear.

The pelting ring of the telephone continued. I remembered that I had placed it on a table at the far wall the previous evening in some forgotten attempt to force me to rise to my feet, and cross the room to answer it. Delivering a straight and accurate shot from my bed, I hit the egregious communication device with the clock. Both appliances, responding to both the collision and gravity, rested on the floor, as I attempted to do likewise in my bed.

Then, the buzzing assault of the alarm clock tore through my skull like a chainsaw. I rose from this crime scene, the murder of sleep, and prepared for breakfast.


 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock


Required words are phone, clock, rock, breakfast, and light.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.