General Fiction posted August 5, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Good things gone bad

Movie Night

by bhogg

Some people are poor and don't know it. How do you measure wealth anyhow? Roberto's dad detailed cars. His mom cut hair for wealthy women. Roberto pitched in with cutting lawns. His money, as well as his dad's, went into the large jar.

On alternating Sunday's, either Dad or Mom, took Roberto to the movies. Today was Dad's turn. Roberto, so much wanted to see 'Mission Impossible.' Gathering from the jar, the two almost skipped the two blocks to the show.

Not even settled, the show was interrupted with loud pops. Roberto lay dead, strewn over with buttered popcorn.

 



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


A sad reflection of current events
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. bhogg All rights reserved.
bhogg has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.