Spiritual Poetry posted July 15, 2015 Chapters:  ...262 263 -264- 265... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Terza Rima Sonnet

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Sacrificial Savior

by Treischel


When I contemplate reflection
On the evils of mankind,
There is only one direction

Where we are headed, that I find.
Its location isn't pleasant,
And it's really quite confined,

For the demons that are present
Are so destructively obsessed,
And their tortures are incessant.

But be glad that we've been blessed
With a sacrificial Savior,
Who keeps Satan's work depressed.

For no act of love was braver,
When He died for our behavior.








What a wonderful act of love for mankind. The amazing thing is, that he knew exactly what was coming when he endured the Agony in the Garden. This garden was far removed from Adam and Eve's, yet so intimately connected.

This is a painting that I did when I was 10 years old. It is a Paint by Numbers activity, done on black felt. It has became a Family heirloom.

This is a Terza Rima Sonnet.
A Terza rima is a rhyming verse stanza form that consists of an interlocking three-line rhyme scheme. It was first used by the Italian poet Dante Alighieri, who wrote The Inferno. The literal translation of terza rima from Italian is 'third rhyme'. Terza rima is a three-line stanza using chain rhyme in the pattern A-B-A, B-C-B, C-D-C, D-E-D. There is no limit to the number of lines, but poems or sections of poems written in terza rima end with either a single line or couplet repeating the rhyme of the middle line of the final tercet. The two possible endings for the example above are d-e-d, e or d-e-d, e-e. There is no set rhythm for terza rima, but in English, iambic pentameter is generally preferred. So, a Terza Rima Sonnet combines that rhyme pattern in 4 stanzas of 3 lines each, using the couplet option to create the signature 14 lines of a Sonnet.

This photograph was taken by the author himself.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.