General Poetry posted July 5, 2015 Chapters:  ...255 256 -257- 258... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Butterfly Cinquain

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Bright Wings

by Treischel



Bright wings,
colorful things,
beautiful butterflies,
take to the early morning skies
to seek
all the flowers that fill the fields,
for nectar their cups yield,
as nature brings
these things.






This butterfly is a Spotted Monarch that I captured photographically on this lovely flowering plant during a walk around Lake Phalen in St. Paul, Minnesota.

This Poem is a Butterfly Cinquain.
I realized that I meantioned that I wrote a Butterfly Cinquain, but I actually forgot to post it. So, here is this omitted format of my Cinquain series.
The Butterfly Cinquain takes two 5 line Cinquains, with a syllable count of 2,4,6,8,2, and joins them together, by linking the last to syllables of the first to the first two of the second Cinquain, to form a single 9 line poem (because they both share 1 link) that makes a butterfly pattern. A lovely result.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on May 18, 2012.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.