Spiritual Non-Fiction posted July 4, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Simplicity can kill or bless our lives

Simplicity: Positive and Negative

by Deniz22


The Bible has a lot to say about simple people. Sometimes "simple" people are commended in the Word of God. Here's an example: Psalm 116:6 reads: "The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me."


Instead of relieving his depression with wine, drugs, sexual diversions or anger, David sought the Lord's help. He did not give up because things got rough. He knew through experience the Lord is faithful. He is the God of both the high and the low places in the lives of His own. He is our salvation!

Being simple is not always good, however. The Bible warns the simple (we all are without God's knowledge) to get rid of simplicity and get knowledge instead.

Proverbs 22:3 reads: "A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished."

It will be an evil day indeed for any who die having rejected the sacrifice Jesus Christ made to take away our sin! Shun the simple thinking which expects life to go on forever or that death ends it all. Christ Himself could not come into God's Presence with our sin on Him without experiencing, to the fullest, the righteous wrath of God. What simplistic thinking causes any to think they can get by God with unforgiven sin?

There is also the wonderful fact God cares about us spiritual simpletons! He has made abundant provision in His Word for any who want to rid themselves of natural simplicity and acquire the very wisdom of God!

Psalm 19:7 reads: "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple". The "law of God" here means the whole word of God, not just the 10 commandments.

True wisdom is the gift of God to all of us who will receive Jesus Christ as our Savior. He is God's wisdom personified. Let us be done with a simplicity which would take us from Him and His wondrous, eternal love, both in this life and eternity to follow.

Colossians 2:2-4 (NKJV)

2 that hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.



Recognized


Anyone can be saved (made right with God) by "simply" trusting Jesus who paid the price for every sin we ever committed. That price was death (separation from God) which He experienced on the cross. His agony was indeed physical but the worst part for Him was the withdrawal of God's Presence. This was a brand new experience for Him. He had always called God His Father until this separation on the cross because of our sin. "My God" replaced "My Father" as He took our place out of love for us. There's a new world coming which will have no sin or sinners in it. This present world is going down...stop being "simple" and become wise through Christ who loved you, and gave Himself for you. "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" Psalm 22
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.