Children Poetry posted June 24, 2015 Chapters:  ...253 254 -255- 256... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Didactic Cinquain

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Worms

by Treischel


WORMS
Slender slugs
Twisting, turning, squirming
Put them on hooks
Bait








A Fisherman's delight - the worm.

This poem is a Didactic Cinquain.
A Cinquain is a poem of five lines, usually in a fixed structure that keys off of syllable count. The Didactic Cinquain focuses on word count instead. So the structured word count is: 1,2,3,4,1. In addition, the Didactic uses a set protocol.
Ordinarily, the first line is a one-word title, the subject of the poem; the second line is a pair of adjectives describing that title; the third line is a three-word phrase that gives more information about the subject (often a list of three gerunds, or -ing words); the fourth line consists of four words describing feelings related to that subject; and the fifth line is a single word synonym or other reference for the subject from line one. This is the form of the Cinquain usually taught to school children.

This picture is from Yahoo Images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.