Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted May 30, 2015 Chapters:  ...238 239 -240- 241... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Flying Saucer Format

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Destiny

by Treischel



Outer Space
is our final frontier,
as we dream to go to there from here.
Space might be the destiny of the Human Race,
to find a similar atmosphere
where colonies appear.
Outer Space.


Destiny,
exploring other lands,
as our space abilities expand
with fields of engineering and astronomy.
Mankind's curiosity demands
space vehicles are manned.
Destiny






I do believe that we are destined to explore and possibly colonize space. As our capabilities grow, the time grows ever closer. I believe that God created us in his own image. Who is God, if not a creator, communicator, and curious being? He had to be curious to create the universe and us, giving us free will and intelligence. I thought the format would be good for this theme.

This poem is created in the Flying Saucer Format. It was created by Patricia Lawrence (our fellow FanStorian, Patcelaw) this week of May 24, 2015.
The Flying Saucer format is formed based on a syllable count of:
3,6,9,12,9,6,3.
It creates a stanza that forms the shape of a Fying Saucer, thus the name. It contains two or more stanzas. There is no requirement for either rhyme or meter.
However, for this poem I chose to use rhyme. The rhyme scheme used was:
AbbabbA, where the capital letters indicate repeated lines.

This picture was taken from Yahoo Images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.