General Flash Fiction posted May 23, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A person asks himself how he will tell others about his MESS

The Mess

by Gunner Lil


I didn't plan on getting into this mess but, here I am. It seems that someone made an error and
put me in this gloomy situation. I'm not one to blame others for my misfortunes, but, this time
I can't take full responsibility.

A few years ago I was in a crisis but nothing like this. That dilemma was easy to get out of. No one got hurt and it didn't cost me any money. A couple of people were mad but not for long. They're still my friends.

I've heard other guys talk about a quandary like mine while drinking beer and having a bull session. One guy screamed, shouted and jumped up and down while explaining his plight.
I remember another comrade who seemed to stare through everyone as he told his tale never raising his voice. I listened as an older guy spoke of his problem with his head held down, chin against his chest, never looking up as if in prayer. That was scary.

I'm using every tool I have to survive this mess. When and if I do, I wonder how I'll tell my tale.



Recognized


The reader can decide what The Mess is.
Flash Shorts are fun.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gunner Lil All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gunner Lil has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.