Self Improvement Poetry posted May 20, 2015 Chapters:  ...240 241 -242- 243... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Quatret

A chapter in the book Little Poems

The Temptation

by Treischel

 
 


 
The station was so busy that fine day,
As I was waiting back of silver van
Who filled his tank, and then he pulled away,
But left his wallet on the garbage can.
 
          When finders’ keepers is the common rule,
          It’s not your fault the loser is a fool.

 
I pulled ahead and parked next to the pump.
Walked over to that beckoning trash dump.
Looked through that wallet, much to my surprise,
A thousand dollars cash there met my eyes.
 
          “You really need that money”, small voice said.
          I think that voice was coming from my head.
 
My momma taught me just how I should feel.
She said, “The Bible says, THOU SHALL NOT STEAL”.
But, I thought that I found this “fair and square”,
And I believed I really need not share.
 
          “You should consider something very hard.
          He needs his license and his credit cards.”
 
My conscience, in the end, is what had won.
Returned his wallet full, ‘fore day was done.
 
 




Always listen to your momma and your conscience. Of course the Bible teaches you what is right also, but that often comes through to you from your mother. At least, mine did. This poem is pure fiction, but a similar thing happened to me.

This poem is a Quatret.
A Quatret is a poetry form created by Sue Campion (sgalletti) in March 2010. It is a poem that actually consists of three poems. The first poem is a series of at least 3 Quatrains. The Quatrains should be four lines in length and contain a rhyme scheme of aabb, abab, abba, or abcb. Either iambic or anapestic meter is recommended. The second poem consists of a series of Rhyming Couplets which are interspersed between the Quatrains, with a final Rhyming Couplet at the end of the poem. This final Rhyming Couplet serves to close the poem of couplets as well as the entire poem. The Rhyming Couplets should be either indented or italicized. Each of these two poems need to make sense as separate entities. The third poem is the combination of the two poems, such that the entire poem makes sense.

This photograph was taken by the author himself. It's just his own wallet on the can beside his garage. It was taken today, May 20, 2015.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.