Fantasy Fiction posted June 26, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A local fable

The white ladies

by robina1978


The most beautiful story about the white ladies, is a fable where a young man throws a spit in the white ladies hole. Or he puts it in the belt of white ladies.

It is a wide-spread story about spit and dot-sign on the backdoor.

Through remarkable wanderings one came to a solution of these weird signal of the white lady religion.

Usually a spit was thrown. This can be a roasting spit. Or a spit which farmers used to sharpen their scythes with. Sometimes a spear (with a short wooden spear with an iron tip) The last possibility it can be a three-pronged fork.

The brave young man says a saying, when he throws the spit, that says the following: 'white ladies, here I bring you the spit, try to get the fry with it!'

Then (usually tree) white ladies get out of their bults, and chase the young man too-mostly a young youngster. He runs this fast that he just makes it to his farm.

This doesn't just involve to the world of the fable world. In reality young boys used to visit spots where spinning females were. They were mostly old women who together spun.
They had made a 'spit' by binding two bits of wood , and threw them inside screaming the earlier mentioned saying.

Contrary to the other examples this spit resembled the dot-sign.

An excellent custom is that unmarried youngsters pay their neighbours a visit to invite them a wedding. This is called wed-pleasures. So he can immediately look at the available younger daughters, who will come to the wedding.

At every house the habit is that he gets a sip of alcohol. Exactly such a wed-lover goes to challenge the white ladies with the spit, and this way invites them for the wedding.











Ghost contest entry

Recognized


Thanks to anonymous for the beautiful picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Contests at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. robina1978 All rights reserved.
robina1978 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.