Spiritual Poetry posted April 24, 2015 Chapters:  ...229 230 -231- 232... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Landay

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Climb

by Treischel



Oh my! I've reached the end of my rope.
OK then, I'll grab the knot that's just above and climb,






It takes fortitude, conditioning, and the right attitude to climb out of a bad situation. That rope goes to heaven. That's the best way to head. With faith, you'll get help along the way.

In the interest of writing all poetic formats possible, I've come across another one which I was not familiar with. So here's mine.

This poem is a Landay.
A Landay is a form of folk poetry from Afghanistan. Meant to be recited or sung aloud, and frequently anonymous. The form is a couplet (2 lines) comprised of 22 syllables. Typically, the first line has 9 syllables and the second line 13 syllables. Being short, they may still carry a bite. (One meaning of the word landay is short, poisonous snake.) It was frequently the poetry of women in Afghanistan. The Landays are a way to subvert the social code in which women are prohibited from speaking freely. Since the poems are collective and anonymous women can claim they just overhead the poems in the marketplace, not the author of them. Their very shortness makes them easily communicated verbally. Besides being scathing or satyrical, they can be spiritual, or express love, passion, anger, hate, war, history, villains, environment, cities, or mountains.

The form is usually left justified when in printed form.

This picture was taken from Yahoo Images.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.