Spiritual Non-Fiction posted April 23, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The neccessity of a trustworthy revelation from God

What's His Name?

by Deniz22


Do you know God's Name? Or His Son's name?

If you do, no matter how you got this rudimentary knowledge, it originally came from God, disclosing it Himself about Himself.

God must tell us Himself about Himself, for many scriptures teach God is unknowable, inscrutable and beyond comprehension..."past finding out".

In other words, no one can "figure out" God and His ways by mere observation or human imagination. Many "see the hand of God in nature" but such is not the full expression of who God is and what He is like. Some may settle for a beautiful sunset, painted on the easel of heaven, and sadly, never inquire of the Artist who created such wonders.

The inability to know God by natural means only accentuates the absolute need for an infallible revelation from God. The Apostle Paul put it this way; "For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them?" (1Co.2:11) Even if we could see God's face clearly, we would still have no idea of what He is truly like UNLESS He told us. He has done just such by giving us His written Word.

The scriptures are absolutely reliable. They contain many things; history, prophecy, science, astrology. Then there are dramatic stories of heroes, treachery, faith, bravery, love, hate and betrayal ...putting all this knowledge in proper perspective to the Creator begins with knowing God's name...and His Son's name.

This beginning faith in Christ is called being "born-again". It is the Holy Spirit opening spiritually blind eyes. It leads to truly knowing God through the Person of His Son. Christ became a man for this very purpose. Christ's follower, Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.'

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 14:8,9

The invisible God became visible in the Son. To know the Son is to know the Father.

Many things are said about God by conflicting voices, yet you are invited to know Him personally, incrementally, and intimately, as you "grow in grace". He speaks to you even now from the Scripture and offers to deal with your biggest problem:

"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord,
"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,they shall be as wool."
Isaiah 1:18 (NKJV)

God is the Lord, Creator of Heaven and earth...He sees all things, he knows all things. You can trust Him to identify your problem...it is primarily the sin of unbelief, the mother of all other sins.

Not only does He correctly identify the sin keeping you from Him and excluding you from the joy of Heaven, He has already done everything there is to be done in ridding you of your sins in His sight. No spiritual soap or good deed can remove the sin in the heart of a human being. But the things that are impossible with man, are possible with God.

Jesus, the Son of God, bled and died, forsaken by God and spurned by sinful men, to offer you free salvation. He took your place...He stood in the gap...between you and the Holy One who will never allow sin to dwell with Him.

Catch on to the Divine swap...Christ was treated as a wicked sinner on the cross so you and I could be treated like royal relations of the King of kings, forever, now and in Glory...just as soon as we trust Him. Who do you know who would not only die physically for you, but willingly suffer the soul-rending wrath of God for you? You can't afford to pass up on such love!

God punished Jesus for all sin, for all people, and for all time. Then He sent out invitations of love, written in blood: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved." A personal RSVP is included with this gracious invitation, even as our world is collapsing under the weight of evil men trying to be gods, just like the Evil One who energizes them. Christ is the cleft in the Rock of refuge when the mountains begin to crumble under God's judgment.

Time is running out for everyone who is unsaved, and as one dear old evangelist said, "You don't have forever to flirt with God."

Won't you today personally trust Jesus as your Savior? He rose from the dead and has conquered sin and Hell for even the weakest believer. He is faithful and "altogether lovely". He heard the whispered prayer of a dying thief and saved him, then and there. This is LOVE...and love's name is Jesus. He will hear you too, and give you His assurance you are right with God forever. "For whosoever shall call upon the NAME of the Lord shall be saved."

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

11 As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."





Recognized


John 5:24 states that anyone who trusts Christ to take away his/her sins instantly receives eternal life and will never be condemned or die spiritually. How can this be? Because Jesus died for ALL your sin. God is righteous and will never try to "collect" twice on a debt already paid once. Religion tries to do that, but whoever the Son frees is free forever!
John 5:24New International Version (NIV)

John 5:24: "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life."

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.