General Poetry posted April 12, 2015 Chapters:  ...214 215 -216- 217... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Calligram

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Power Boat

by Treischel

I'll float my boat.
On pool or moat
Oceans or seas
Wherever I please




My poor attempt at a boat Calligram. Not as good as the car I posted yesterday, but just as fun to do. I hope you like it anyway.

This poem is a Calligram
A Calligram is a poem, phrase, or word in which the typeface, calligraphy or handwriting is arranged in a way that creates a visual image. The image created by the words expresses visually what the word, or words, say. In a poem, it manifests visually the theme presented by the text of the poem. Guillaume Apollinaire was a famous calligram writer and author of a book of poems called Calligrammes. His poem written in the form of the Eiffel Tower is an example of a calligram.

The image was created by the author using a WordArt program and Powerpoint. I had to use Powerpoint because I couldn't get it to work in the Word Program, I then saved it as a JPG.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.