Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 1, 2015 Chapters:  ...10001 10001 -10001- 10001... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My first understanding of Adultery

A chapter in the book Beautiful Death

King of the Road

by cbat



Background
The storyline follows the history briefly of my parents and my life spanning 60 years.
The first time I saw LD was in the establishment called "Miracle Manor"

Sometimes people working there doing small jobs would entertain anyone around during breaks.

I was just 15 or 16, it was the 60's.

LD was playing his guitar and singing. He was rather good looking, tall and lean. A real bad boy; as I learned later.

From the moment we locked eyes I was fascinated, He gave me special attention and through the next few months we spent quite a lot of time together.
I especially enjoyed the evening motorcycle rides, clutching on for dear life with him doing everything he could to surprise me or make me loose my tough girl face.
Many times during the rides we were on the top of the hill overlooking the city, on this hilltop was a deep pool, which he suggested swimming in.
My response was always "no way! We don't have suits." His response was always "who needs suits?". Ha! Ha!

He showed me his family's land with an old home that was nearly destroyed, he was always talking of rebuilding on the same land. Fifty years later I wonder how much was truth or just a fabricated story.
The best time for me was sitting looking into his eyes as he sang "Man Of Means, King of the road".
He would tell me it was just for me.

By the end of the summer with my occasional visits home to my polygamist town, stories started filtering through.

Through my time working at miracle manor many women and a few men worked there, including my father.

I often stayed in a small house behind the manor, offered by my manager.
Sometimes women would ask me if they could stay overnight with me.
I really took everything at face value and neither questioned or thought much about reasons. I felt sorry for these married women, the husbands seemed unkind and usually made advances to any available girl even while a wife watched.

The women in this situation had been married young and were mothers before they grew up, often abused by these men.
Some I felt had never been told they were beautiful or interesting, they simply did not know how to handle being seduced.
The comfort they felt for such a short time they deserved.

When a man aptly named "Dick" came in abruptly almost dragging his wife Grace out, telling her he would not sleep with her for a month because LD may have gotten her pregnant, then the fact that LD had been flattering and offering comfort to more than one sad woman finally dawned on me.

This was almost the end of summer, I did not see LD after this.
I missed the motorcycle rides and the music, but my heart nor body were deeply involved with him.

My thoughts often went to Grace.

And occasionally King of the road brought back memories.




This is just another short story dredged from memory.
That it ended without my lost innocence seems that if I believed in a guardian angel it may have looked after me.

Naw! I was just stupid lucky!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. cbat All rights reserved.
cbat has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.