Spiritual Non-Fiction posted January 30, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Heavenly people need help from God here and now

God Cares and Answers

by Deniz22


Some, seemingly aiming for a super-spiritual state, teach it is always wrong to ask God for a sign. Others have suggested that signs are the only way to know God is with us. Both are extremes and both are corrected by Scripture and Biblical examples.

There is no doubt, God is faithful and we should simply believe His Word, while we proceed on the path He has appointed us to follow. Abraham is a wonderful example of faith; yet scripture reveals his faith to be of a progressive nature, moving from weakness to genuine strength. This is the normal pattern of true spiritual growth.

Many want new believers to be fully grown adults when they are barely born. The problem with this "believe and do" approach, is our own weakness. Gideon is often used as an example of the sin of doubting God, since he asked for repeated signs for God's presence with him. Yet any such consideration of Gideon's spiritual growth experience, which does not follow it out to his successful deliverance of Israel, is simply not dealing honestly with the Scripture.

Real faith, like Gideon's, is often weak in the beginning. Yet little faith in God is viable and always has the possibility of great growth, if directed gently into maturity. Such gentleness characterizes our God. There is no one gentler with the little lambs of His flock, than the Great Shepherd, who bought them with His own blood.

"You have also given me the shield of Your salvation; Your right hand has held me up, Your gentleness has made me great." Psalm 18:35

David often pleaded for an indication of God's active hand in his affairs and he consistently received exactly what he asked. These signs comforted David's heart and warned his many enemies, the Lord was with His chosen, in power.

"Show me a sign for good, that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, because You, LORD, have helped me and comforted me." Psalm 86:7

How important can such signs be in the lives of God's faithful people who read His Word and pray regularly to Him? David spoke for many of us, his spiritual experiential brethren, when he said;

"I would have lost heart, (fainted or given up) unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

It's wonderful to know, as Christians, our sins are forgiven and we right now possess eternal life (John 5:24). Indeed, we will surely "dwell in the house of the Lord forever"...nevertheless, we need God's help every day, here and now.

Let us cherish the signs of His timely, loving kindness to each of us, even as we have asked.



Recognized


if we are faithless, he abides faithful; for he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:13 American Standard Version (ASV)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.