Horror and Thriller Poetry posted January 25, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Horror Sonnet Contest Entry

Sins of the Father

by Dean Kuch

 photo SinsoftheFatherPictureartonly__zps289051cb.jpg

 photo Sins20Sonnet20Poem205_minus20photo20art_zpsvdcb207k.jpg



Recognized


Have you ever seen a family where the father has a problem with uncontrollable anger, his son seems to have been 'handed it', and the grandpa had the same problem? Or have you noticed that not only do you suffer from something such as persistent irrational fears or depression, but your mother and her father also suffered from it as well? There are many people today who are living under bondage that the sins of their forefathers has brought them under.

Exodus 34:7, "Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting (punishing) the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation."

Lamentations 5:7, "Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne (been punished for) their iniquities."

As always, thank you for reading and supporting my work.

Pleasant Screams, heh-heh-heh...


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.