Mystery and Crime Poetry posted January 7, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
France's terrorist attack is ours - a tiny poem

Peace No More

by Dawn Munro

nous sommes Charlie
in English: we are Charlie
writer's genocide



Recognized


(I have not had time to review so I could promote this. It is too important to delay, too - read on and you will understand why I say this - these notes contain a challenge.)

Please - my French is limited - if yours isn't and I have made an error, I would love to hear from you.

Beginning this 5-7-5 in French is done intentionally to show solidarity with France. The horrendous act of terrorism that just took place at the offices of Charlie Hebedo, a satirical news magazine, killed twelve people, among them, cartoonists and the magazine's Editor-In-Chief.

It is time for all freedom loving people to unite in protest, to send a message that ours IS a global village and those few cowards who murder will NOT stop freedom of speech.

My personal challenge is to every FanStory member: take pen in hand - post against terrorism -do not concern yourself with anything but a clear message (even if it is not more than a few words). Do not concern yourself with promoting it. Then find another similar posting to review, and review IT for 2-cents. Review MANY, if you can.

God help us all...Andy Donato, cartoonist for the Toronto Sun Newspaper, was interviewed by City TV today - when asked about mocking Islam, his reply was that he does not mock Islam, he mocks the terrorists...

Charlie Hebedo - a magazine comprised of cartoons, mere cartoons...

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dawn Munro All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dawn Munro has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.