Children Poetry posted December 14, 2014 Chapters:  ...185 186 -187- 188... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
An End's Edge Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Debonair Hair

by Treischel



Don't despair!
Compare the look
Took of your hair,
Where the ends mistook
Hook for flair.
There, for the picture book,
Looks so debonair

This grandchild
Looks pretty wild.

Cute little boy,
Enjoy the day.
Play with a toy.
Employ your vast array.
May your joy
Deploy today.

This grandchild
Looks pretty wild.







This is my grandson Isaac. His mother sculpted his hair into the style envogue these days. That inspired this little poetic ditty.

This poem is an End's Edge.
The Ends Edge was created by the poet Vroom. I was introduced to it by Gungalo. It consists of the first word of each line of the poem rhyming with the last word of the previous line. There is no requirement for line length or syllable count, but I chose for this poem to be limited to a short sequence of words per line. I imagine this format is most effective with shorter lines, as then the connection becomes most apparent, but feel free to experiment.
For this poem I chose to use rhyme, which adds difficulty. I also included a refrain of rhyming couplets for imact.
So, the rhyme scheme of this poem is:
abababa CC dedede CC, where the capital letter indicate the repeated refrain.

This photograph was taken by my daughter, Aisha, on her cell phone. Thanks to her for capturing it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.