Writing Fiction posted November 18, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Just a fun fantasy writing.

Fantasy Flight

by patcelaw













Fantasy Flight

When the pilot came on the intercom he spoke of our flight for the day. "This is going to be a fantasy flight," he said.

Being a long time window watcher I watched as the plane flew through stratus fractus clouds.

As I looked at the clouds, for all the world one looked like an apparition. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? I was convincing myself that it was only another cloud formation. All of this seemed exotic.

To the right side of the plane, I saw a cloud formation that resembled a parrot, with a beak, tail feathers and all, a white and gray parrot.

The passenger next to me was glib and said, "What is it you see?" I was seemingly saying out loud what I was seeing, but it was totally unintentional on my part.
"Oh my goodness I must have been thinking out loud, I am sorry."

As we flew through heavy cloud cover there was a break in the clouds and the sun was shining through, casting a shadow of the plane on the clouds to the right side of the plane and all around the shadow was a rainbow. A perfect circle rainbow.

The pilot spoke to us saying "the rainbow is what pilots refer to as 'pilots rainbows'."

I had a drink on my tray table and decided to drink before our flight was over. Since the flight was a bit bumpy, my hand shook and I spilled the water on my shirt. It was with great gratitude that it was only water.

Being a believer in Christ as my Savior, and knowing of my own unrighteousness, I was grateful that God had allowed me go on this fantasy flight.

When the plane landed I was able to speak to the pilot. I said, "this flight was one of the best flights I had ever been on, in many years of flying."

If you have never been on a fantasy flight, be sure to locate a pilot who can take you on such a flight, it will be well worth your time, but always remember you have to be a window watcher to get the full pleasure of the flight.

- Patricia Lawrence



Recognized


The photo is an example of fractus cloud formations.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.