Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted October 24, 2014 Chapters:  ...172 173 -174- 175... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Anaphoric Quatrains

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Take and Feel

by Treischel


Take me to the river
Take me there in the fall
Take a look at nature
Take time to see it all

Feel refreshing crispness
Feel Autumn coming through
Feel the touching stillness
Feel Fall surrounding you

Take a walk by water
Take in the turning trees
Take a son or daughter
Take comfort in the breeze

Feel the awesome wonder
Feel seasonal delights
Feel the peace you're under
Feel oneness with the sights





A walk down by the Mississippi river presented this autumnal scene that spoke to my Muse. Here is the poem that resulted from that experience.

This poem is Anaphoric.
The term "anaphora" comes from the Greek for "a carrying up or back," and refers to a type of parallelism created when successive phrases or lines begin with the same words, often resembling a litany. The repetition can be as simple as a single word or as long as an entire phrase. Not only can anaphora create a driving rhythm by the recurrence of the same sound, it can also intensify the emotion of the poem.

This picture was taken by the author at the end of Summit Avenue along the East Mississippi river road on October 21, 2014.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.