Children Non-Fiction posted October 3, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Short Story of a Kitten

Our Samantha

by angelface2


Samantha was an unusual kitten. Well, I suppose many may feel this way about their pet, and I understand that, but this is the story of Samantha.

We had Samantha right from birth and I loved her and I feel that she loved me, as well. She was beautiful and almost all white. Most times when I would sit down to relax for a bit, she would come and want to be in my lap, so I would pick her up and pet her while she purred to her heart's content. She always seemed to want to be in the same room with me.

In the morning, if I was not awake when she wanted to go outside, she would get up on the bed and put her nose right on my nose and wait until I awoke. Then she would sit patiently until I had my robe and slippers on and I would go  and let her out the back door. I would watch a few minutes and then let her back in again. As she grew, I quit watching and she had to go to the front porch and look into the big window to get my attention.

When she was once again in the house, she went immediately to the kitchen for her food. If I had forgotten to put anything in her dish, I heard about it!

Samantha had a number of batches of kittens, and she always wanted me to be nearby when she delivered. Her first batch of kittens were born on my bed in the middle of the night. When they were all born, she let me know by the nose to nose thing. She had three kittens that time.  She was a good mother. I made up a box with an old blanket and put her and the kittens in it and she seemed to be satisfied with that.

The next time she had kittens, she let me know when her time had come to deliver, by following me from room to room and meowing. Or if I sat down she jumped into my lap and put her paws on my shoulders on each side. Then she would rub her cheek against mine until I suspected what was happening. I made up the box for her again and she jumped in and lay down, but if I left she would follow me and meow until I went back in to sit on the bed. Where I stayed until she had the first kitten, then she was fine. She must have trusted me to care for her, if something went wrong. This happened for every pregnancy.

We almost always gave the kittens away when they were about six weeks old. She never fussed over this, but she did the cheek to cheek thing more often. I think she was telling me she loved me and missed her kittens, but that is mere conjecture.

The only kitten of hers we kept was Booze, but that is another story for another time.



 



Cute little kitten writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Tis prompt is to be about a kitten and what it is like. This is for children so keep it clean. Also write how that kitten makes you feel but try to make it fun. Kittens are cute and a lot of fun and can make you laugh and help you to enjoy life. Have fun.

Recognized


Thanks to AVMURRAY for the picture. This could have been my Sam with two kittens. Almost looks just like her.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. angelface2 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
angelface2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.