General Poetry posted July 23, 2014 Chapters:  ...161 162 -163- 164... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Blitz Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Bench of Dreams

by Treischel



Where shall we go
Where and when
When can we do it
Whenever we can
Can we discover
Can we explore
Explore with each other
Explore on the map
Map to the shore
Map out a plan
Plan for excitement
Plan for us two
Two with attachment
Two on a bench
Bench where we conjure
Bench where we dream
Dream of adventure
Dream of far places
Places to chase us
Places to look
Look for examples
Look in a book
Book with the answer
Book with a map
Map for the searchers
Map with direction
Direction inspection
Direction where to go
Go where it beckons
Go with the flow
Flow to tomorrow
Flow anywhere
Anywhere it takes us
Anywhere we dare
Dare to go there
Dare to focus
Focus on friendship
Focus on fun
Fun in the sun
Fun on a trip
Trip we've begun
Trip dreamt of here
Here it was clear
Here on this bench
Bench of endowment
Bench of content
Content here together
Content just to dream
Dream
Together








Blitz Poetry (Take a Trip) contest entry

Recognized


This statue of a boy and a girl on a bench is located in an upscale appartment complex. If you look closely you'll see that the girl is looking at an atlas, the boy at a book. The two are colabotating. Thus the inspiration for this poem.


Blitz poems are fun to write and are meant to be read out loud. These poems tend to be wacky and go all over the place. So, you can take the reader on a trip all over the world or to outer space, if you want, or maybe on a picnic or a trip to the zoo, county fair, theme park, etc. It can be a fantasy trip. It's up to you. These poems are exactly 50 lines long. There are specific instructions on how you go about writing these poems and how you title your poem.

The Blitz Poem is a poetry form created by Robert Keim.

This form of poetry is a stream of short phrases and images with repetition and rapid flow.

Begin with one short phrase, it can be a cliche. Begin the next line with another phrase that begins with the same first word as line 1. The first 48 lines should be short, but at least two words.

The third and fourth lines are phrases that begin with the last word of the 2nd phrase, the 5th and 6th lines begin with the last word of the 4th line, and so on, continuing, with each subsequent pair beginning with the last word of the line above them, which establishes a pattern of repetition.

Continue for 48 total lines with this pattern, And then the last two lines (49 and 50) repeat the last word of line 48, then the last word of line 47.

The title must be only three words, with some sort of preposition or conjunction joining the first word from the third line to the first word from the 47th line, in that order.

There should be no punctuation. When reading a BLITZ, it is read very quickly, pausing only to breathe.

The photograph is the author's.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.