General Poetry posted June 24, 2014 Chapters:  ...165 166 -167- 168... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A 3-5-3 Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Sing!

by Treischel


O song bird
Sing a song for me
I'll listen






While walking along a nature path in Woodbury, Minnesota, a bird flew into a tree nearby and started singing. I had to stop a while and listen. It seemed meant for me. I snapped this photograph that inspired this poem.

At first I thought it was a Song Sparrow. When I got home, I consulted my bird book. It looked similar to a Song Sparrow, except for the white eyebrow. Then I thought it might be a female Purple Martin, but the chest and belly are darker. It turned out to be a female Red-winged Blackbird, of all things. It matched the markings perfectly, and I had seen and heard several males along the path of my walk. That cinched it.

This poem is a 3-5-3 Poem. First line 3 syllables, second 5, third 3.

This photograph was taken by the author himself. The original was a dark sihlouette, but when I adjusted the gamma on the print, the Bird was revealed.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.