General Poetry posted June 17, 2014 Chapters:  ...167 168 -169- 170... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Rispetto

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Summer Delight

by Treischel


As I delight at lightly blowing breeze,
It travels so softly across my skin.
Refreshingly real sensations begin
From top of my head right down to my knees.

I'm blanketed as air flows over me.
I revel in cool comfortable ease.
Each pore possessed with charged energy
While lounging peacefully beneath shade trees.







Nothing better than lying on the grass under a tree with a delightful summer breeze blowing.

This poem is a Rispetto.
A Rispetto is an Italian poetic format consisting of two quatrains with a changing rhyme scheme. In the first quatrain is typically abab rhyming. In the second is aabb rhyming. But there are other variations. In any case, the rhyme must differ between the first and second stanza.

The meter is usually iambic tetrameter.

rispetto, ( Italian:"respect") plural rispetti, a Tuscan folk verse form, a version of strambotto. The historic rispetto lyric is generally composed of eight hendecasyllabic (11-syllable) lines. In its earliest form the rhyme scheme was usually abab abcc. Later, the scheme abab ccdd became more prominent, and other variations can also be found.

The form reached its pinnacle of both artistic achievement and popularity in the 14th and 15th centuries, particularly in the work of Politian, to whom some 200 rispetti are ascribed.

For this poem I chose a variation rhyme scheme of abba abab in iambic pentameter.

This photograph was taken by the author himself
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.