General Fiction posted May 14, 2014 Chapters:  ...29 30 -31- 32... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
keep your hope alive....

A chapter in the book Contest Collage

my last words

by shelley kaye

A Secret Contest Winner 

a secret - member-created contest - fictional letter - please see announcement

Background







    my dearest mikal....


      i love you with all my soul. i will watch over you and i hope you find love again. i wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, i wish it could have been a longer life.

      i do need to tell you something. a secret i held inside of me from the day we met. i always wanted to come clean.... i almost did twice. i'm sure you'll remember those two times when i tell you my secret.

      before i begin, i must say i am your katrynna. now and forever. and i do love you. i was just always so scared how you would react if you knew the truth. the truth about who i was before.

      i was not born katrynna. i am not an orphan as i led you to believe. my parents and brother and sisters did not die in a car accident. the truth is, my family disowned me. they kicked me out and told me to never come back.

      they did this because they never knew me - the real me.

      you see, my birth name was kevin. i was born a male. i always knew something was wrong. i hated being a boy. it was not right. god made a mistake and put me in the wrong body. when i was 17, i came out and told my family. they shunned me. when i was 18 i tried to kill myself. i went into the hospital and got help. at 19, i changed my name and started living as a woman. when i was 21 i finally completed my physical trans. surgery.

      and then when i was 24, i met you. love at first sight. i wanted to tell you. but i was scared. i'm sorry. please forgive me. i love you. always have and always will.


                      forever,
                        your katrynna














Writing Prompt
You have been told by doctors that you have an inoperable tumor and you are dying.

Write a letter to your loved one to be delivered after your death. The letter contains a shocking secret. The secret is not your illness.

No limitation on length.

A Secret
Contest Winner


a secret - member-created contest - fictional letter - please see announcement
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. shelley kaye All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
shelley kaye has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.