Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted April 25, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Dreams realised

Science Degree

by persevere














Dear Mrs Sibson
I want you to be the first to know. I am now Pam Smith B.Sc! I am indebted to you. You were the spark that set my scientific journey in motion.

Science classes were the highlight of my school days. The set government syllabus was followed but you taught us to think out of the box. I clearly remember your introduction to one topic. You told us to bring a photograph of ourselves to the next lesson.You instructed us, "Look at the photograph. Is that what you see when you look at yourself in the mirror each morning?" That was an illustration of lateral inversion.

You ran the science club and allowed us to do our own experiments, within safety limitations, in the laboratory.Those sessions spawned many entries in the young scientist competitions. Thanks to your enthusiasm I won a couple of medals.

Studying hasn't always been plain sailing but you gave me the confidence to cope and succeed. I thank you.

With fond memories
Pam Smith



Thank You Letter writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter of gratitude to a person or persons (no poetry) beginning with a short paragraph stating the kindness that occurred. This paragraph can be in third person, from a narrator's point of view before starting your letter of thanks, or it can be part of the letter.

Be very clear as to what you are grateful for and how it affected your life.

The letter must be in first person.


Thanks to VMarguarite for study picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. persevere All rights reserved.
persevere has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.