General Fiction posted April 15, 2014 Chapters:  ...46 47 -48- 49... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a 100 word story

A chapter in the book Short

Insight

by Bill Schott


Billy tried to think of all the lines that would mitigate people's reactions to his new glass eye. He had read several comic approaches including "You caught my eye." or "I'll keep my eye out for you."

These seemed blatant. Billy just wished he could feel confident when meeting people with this recent prosthetic.

Winchell, Billy's friend, stepped up and said, "Billy, you know you've got your fake eyeball in backwards?"

Without missing a beat, Billy replied, "Yes, I'm being a little introspective."

Winchell's laugh was infectious; the reluctance to meet others was gone in the blink of an eye.



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.

Recognized


Picture from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.