Spiritual Poetry posted March 6, 2014 Chapters: 12 14 -17- 20... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Haibun for Alvin

A chapter in the book our haijin rests

Remembering

by amada


I saw his picture on FanStory's cover page. I saw it and immediately knew --he was gone...
In terror, I wanted to look away, to shut off, close, freeze my understanding.

A chill rushed through my body when I read the news : Alvin E Ellington, my mentor and friend, was gone.
I waded from the edges of my consciousness to the center of the tragedy, taking short laps, swallowing it all in tiny, manageable salty bits.

I never met him personally, but one thing I can say: I am a better person just by receiving comments he wrote to me about my writing, my life.. This one, written in one of his classes, I remember most: "Nancy, don't just look and describe in cold. No. Look and voice what that something is telling to you." Since then, I swear I can hear the bliss of a rose when it blooms...

Now, high above clouds, he is schooling those angels...
Vaya con Dios, buen amigo...


sage and wise mentor
who taught me to see and hear

each leaf has a story
I can hear the bliss of a rose when it blooms.





Recognized


Alvin T. Ethington was my mentor, teacher and friend from my very early years at FanStory. He taught me several poetry forms. The most difficult for me was the Haibun, and I
Reviewed 12/24/19 confess I never finished this class. Now, in honor to him, I write this Haibun, good or not too good, it is written with my heart.

Vaya con Dios = God be with you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. amada All rights reserved.
amada has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.