General Poetry posted February 23, 2014 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 25... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...she's come back for me.

A chapter in the book A Picture's Worth a Thousand Poems

~Delicious~

by Dean Kuch


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
 photo vampire_nosferatu2_zps16fbd7d8.jpg



Recognized


Jack the Ripper is the best-known name given to an unidentified serial killer who was active in the largely impoverished areas in and around the Whitechapel district of London in 1888. The name originated in a letter written by someone claiming to be the murderer that was disseminated in the media. The letter is widely believed to have been a hoax, and may have been written by a journalist in a deliberate attempt to heighten interest in the story. Within the crime case files as well as journalistic accounts the killer was known as the "Whitechapel Murderer" as well as "Leather Apron".

No one knows exactly where Jack disappeared to, or why he stopped killing.

Or did he?

Legend has it that his final victim, Mary Jane Kelly, was a suspected vampiress, prowling the darkly lit corners of Whitechapel herself in search of blood.

Mary's body vanished from the morgue just prior to her autopsy. It was speculated that it had been stolen by ne'er-do-wells in an attempt to cover details of the ghastly crime. Or had it simply gotten up and walked away, seeking out Jack for an eternal companion? The latter is purely speculation on my part, but is does make interesting fodder for horror yarns and dark poetry...

Sleep tight... pleasant screams!

The latest from the PICTAPOEM © Collection. All works such as this one can be found in my book ~A Picture's Worth a Thousand Poems~ here on Fanstory. Thanks for reading.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.