War and History Poetry posted February 9, 2014 Chapters:  ...23 24 -26- 27... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Lantern Suite

A chapter in the book History and Myth

Cannon

by Treischel

Cannon
(A Lantern Suite)




Flash
Blinding
Hot fire belch
Smoke leaves Barrel
Blast!


Sound
Big noise
Ear Splitting
Loud concussion
Boom!


Gun
Cannon
Balls and shells
Heavy Metal
Death!


War
Weapons
Mass power
Dominant will
Hate!









The invention of cannons was a strategic game-changer in war. This on was part of a Civil War re-enactment held in Pipestone, Minnesota during August, 2013.

This poem is a suite of 4 separate Lantern Poems.
A Lantern poem is a Japanese short poem describing a syllable noun. It has 5 lines. it starts with 1 syllable increases to 4. Then the last line has 1.
The syllable count is:
1/2/3/4/1.
It must be centered, then have one syllable chosen to serve as a topic. Have the noun in the 1st to 4th syllable described then have one that can be a reinterpretation or a synonym. The Lantern poem takes the form of a hanging lantern, going from short to wider as the poem goes on, and then becoming short again in the final line. The purpose of the Lantern poem is to illuminate the subject and re-imagine or personalize it for the reader, not just to simply define it.

This picture was taken by the author himself.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.