Humor Poetry posted January 20, 2014 Chapters:  ...25 26 -27- 28... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Limerick

A chapter in the book Animated Stills

The Gnome

by Treischel

The Gnome
(A limerick)





I came upon a sight not far from home
A rock that looked just like a gnome
A chubby little face
In most unusual place
Could not discern - grimace from a groan.






I see a face with chubby cheeks and a bent hat looking out of this rock. Maybe I have too wild an imagination. If you don't see it, imagine that the long crack across the front as eyebrows. and that the trapezoid impression, as a mouth area with just the hint of lips inside. Just above it is a dot of a button nose. If you see that, then you should see the hair line and the toppled hat. Chubby cheeks. Almost a Santa. Is he squinting or frowning? Oh well, just having fun.

This poem is a limerick.
It has the usual aabba rhyme scheme, and syllable count of 9/9/6/6/9.

This photograph was taken by the author. It is one of his Animated Stills.
Animated stills are poems where inanimate objects take on human, animal, or spirit forms, traits, or articles. They are derived from Photographs I have taken, that have moved me to write a poem associated with it. When I write enough, I'll publish a book of them.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.