War and History Poetry posted January 10, 2014 Chapters:  ...22 23 -24- 26... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A 5A Poem

A chapter in the book History and Myth

Kneeling Knights

by Treischel

Kneeling Knights
(A 5A Poem)





Kindly knights kneeling
kept knobby knees keen
knowing kindness keeps





Knights pray to protect the pilgrims to Jerusalem in the middle ages. After the First Crusade recaptured Jerusalem in 1099, many Christian pilgrims travelled to visit what they referred to as the Holy Places. However, though the city of Jerusalem was under relatively secure control, the rest of outlaying area was not. Bandits abounded, and pilgrims were routinely slaughtered, sometimes by the hundreds, as they attempted to make the journey from the coastline at Jaffa into the Holy Land. In 1120, the French knight Hugues de Payens approached King Baldwin II of Jerusalem and Warmund, Patriarch of Jerusalem and proposed creating a monastic order for the protection of these pilgrims. The Order, with about nine knights including Godfrey de Saint-Omer and Andre de Montbard, had few financial resources and relied on donations to survive. The impoverished status of the Templars did not last long. Pope Innocent II's papal bull Omne Datum Optimum exempted the Order from obedience to local laws. This ruling meant that the Templars could pass freely through all borders, were not required to pay any taxes, and were exempt from all authority except that of the pope. With its clear mission and ample resources, the Order grew rapidly. Source Wikipedia.

This is a 5A Poem.
The "5A" format style was developed by Fanstorian DRG24. The 5A is composed of three lines:

Line 1 - 5 Syllables
Line 2 - 5 Syllables
Line 3 - 5 Syllables

All lines must have TOTAL alliteration. Lines can be chosen in any order. Either the total poem can have all words with the same alliteration, or each line may have a different alliteration letter. For example, line one might have B alliteration, line two S, and line 3 T. Either way is acceptable. The "5" stands for the five syllable count while the "A" stands for the Alliteration.

Picture from Yahoo Images
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.