Biographical Poetry posted January 4, 2014 Chapters:  ...73 74 -75- 76... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Rhyming Couplets

A chapter in the book Family

Need for Speed

by Treischel

Need for Speed
(Rhyming Couplets)


I had a brother-in-law with a need for speed,
Who flew down the highway in that fast Ninja creed.

At 184, on a slick shoulder of sand,
His bike was caused to careen all over the land.

In the boughs of a pine tree, he ended up dead,
When its prickly arms sheared off his helmeted head.






The death of Paul Walker, of the Fast and Furious movie series, reminded of my brother-in-law who died in a high speed motorcycle crash in 2010. His was doing 184 mph when his bike hit some sand on the should and careened off the road, down an embankment. When I went to the scene, I saw the skid marks he tried lay the bike down 20 yards in front of a pine tree, according to the handlebar trench it dug, but he still took out 1/4 of its lower branches. His head was found 20 yards from the bike, still in its helmet. His bike continued through the tree and blew through a chainlink fence. Anyway, that's why I wrote this poem.

This picture is from Yahoo Images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.