General Fiction posted December 17, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A critique from a different point of view

Ricardo's Critique

by egomega

Creative Critique Contest Winner 
Que pasa? That's what I'm tryin' to figure out when it comes to this story. Seems to me that some "Gringa" chick is havin' a weird dream...or not. It's hard to tell, but I think that's the way it's supposed to be. The dude (or dudette) who wrote the story wants to make folks wonder. I'm cool with that.

And there's lots to wonder about- like maybe the princess ain't really no princess. Maybe the strange looking dude is just tellin' her that to trick her. Know what I mean? Like, she thinks she can trust him, but what if it's all a big con? Maybe it's just me, but some creepy guy with gray skin and tubes sticking out his head don't sound too trustworthy.

I like the part where it says, "Like water washing down the drain, my memories escape me." Bein' a dishwasher, I know about water going down the drain. You can't never get it back once it's gone.

Guess I could get picky about little things like punctuation, but since I ain't too good at grammar and punctuation myself, I think I'd best leave that one alone. Like they say in Spanish, Como mid¡is ser©is medidos (You'll be measured as you measure others).

Anyway, it was a cool little story- a little weird, but cool. Muy bien!

Ricardo the Dishwasher



Creative Critique
Contest Winner
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. egomega All rights reserved.
egomega has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.