War and History Poetry posted December 7, 2013 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Cole's Rhythm Poem

A chapter in the book History and Myth

Pearl Harbor Day

by Treischel

Pearl Harbor Day
(A Cole's Rhythm Poem)





"The day that shall live in infamy"!
Three hundred fifty three
Aircraft fighters from Japan's navy
Sunk ships below the sea.
Rest in Peace!

US battleships before the dawn,
No idea war was on,
Caught unaware once put upon.
Sunk - to the bottom drawn.
Rest in Peace!

December seventh in Forty One
Is when it had begun.
The planes came out of the rising sun.
2402 were done!
Rest in Peace!

They decimated the US Fleet.
Devastation complete!
Pearl Harbor attacked, then fast retreat.
A horrible defeat!
Rest in Peace!

With that, a GIANT is woken up,
Then starts the war buildup,
And gets Japan, and Nazi Europe,
To drink their bitter cup.
Rest in Peace!








The attack on Pearl Harbor by the Empire of Japan on Sunday, December 7, 1941 brought the United States into World War II. The Japanese flag and the symbol of Japan is the rising sun. The planes literally and figuratively attacked from the rising sun. The attack commenced at 7:48 a.m. Hawaiian Time. The base was attacked by 353 Japanese fighters, bombers and torpedo planes in two waves, launched from six aircraft carriers. All eight U.S. Navy battleships were damaged, with four being sunk. All but one were later raised, and six of the eight battleships returned to service and fought in the war. The Japanese also sank or damaged three cruisers, three destroyers, an anti-aircraft training ship, and one minelayer. 188 U.S. aircraft were destroyed; 2,402 Americans were killed and 1,282 wounded. Important base installations such as the power station, shipyard, maintenance, and fuel and torpedo storage facilities, as well as the submarine piers and headquarters building (also home of the intelligence section) were not attacked. Japanese losses were light: 29 aircraft and five midget submarines lost, and 65 servicemen killed or wounded. The entire attack lasted 96 minutes. Source: Wikipedia.

This poem is a Cole's Rhythm Poem.
COLE'S RHYTHM: New style created by Gungalo, Saturday, July 8, 2006. Named for collector1 here on Poetry.com.
Syllable count is 9-6-9-6-3 for each verse.
Rhyme scheme: aaaaR bbbbR ccccR ddddR. The "R" is a 3-syllable refrain and each should rhyme the other in every verse.
You can have as many verses as you want.

This photograph is courtesy of Yahoo Images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.