Horror and Thriller Poetry posted December 1, 2013 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I've got no soul...do you?

A chapter in the book A Picture's Worth a Thousand Poems

~Black~

by Dean Kuch



Background
A collection of pictapoems from my portfolio collection.
 photo Blacktoo_zps798555f0.jpg



Recognized


It's just a question I've been pondering for awhile.

I've met several people who I truly believe lack any semblance of a soul, they have no compassion, no understanding of love, they thrive on others pain and misery and often help cause it.

Human shaped monsters if you will.

How do you feel about this? Have you met anyone that fits the description?

The closest I've been able to come to naming this group of people is to bunch them in with Psychic Vampires. However, I do know that many Psychic vampires are not malevolent or evil.

I wonder if you've ever had contact with these people and how it went if you were unfortunate enough to have crossed a person of this nature.

Me? I killed mine and buried him in my back yard...

(Just kidding, of course, calm down!)...

John Steinbeck said it best:
"I believe there are monsters born in the world to human parents... The face and body may be perfect, but if a twisted gene or a malformed egg can produce physical monsters, may not the same process produce a malformed soul?"



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.