General Flash Fiction posted November 12, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We've all been there

Be Careful Who You Choose

by lancellot

A breakfast, light, rock, phone, & clock themed dance. God, why'd I even come?

The reason was out on the dance floor being pawed, pinched and yes, it looked like, pleasured by Billy Klintun. Matt had no idea what Mallory saw in Billy.  Yes, he rode a motorcycle and had been arrested several times, so.

Maybe, she’s just waiting for a nice guy to be bold and make a move. Surely, she doesn’t want a thug?

When Billy stepped away, Matt moved in.

“Mallory,” he looked deeply into her blue eyes, “I like you, and I won’t mistreat or cheat on you like Billy. Will you dance with me?”

“You’re sweet, um... Mike, but I’m young and dumb. Call me in ten years, after I have six kids, weigh three hundred pounds and live in my mother’s basement.”

Matt’s eyes snapped open.

“Thanks for the sign, God. That was close.”
 



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock


I admit it. I wish I had been sent a sign or a dream when I was young.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.