General Fiction posted November 12, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Gangsters in the middle of the night.

The not so Wise Guy

by Ric Myworld

The florescent clock dial read 3:10 am. My head pounded from overindulgence earlier that evening.

Unable to sleep, I turned to the bedside nightstand and flipped the lamp switch. The light came on as the phone rang. I reached to answer it and find out who could be calling me at that hour, just as a rock came crashing through my window, spraying glass all over the bedroom.

Too drowsy and unfocused to be mad, I tried to gather myself for a minute. Then, a knock on the door shook the whole room, and within seconds, it burst open in an explosion of gunshots that stung like raindrops of fire.

"Who are you?" said the big ugly thug. "You had better say something, quick."

"I'm the guy you just shot ten times, hoping to live until breakfast."

"Is your name Carmine?"

"Not today."

 "Duh, you must be the wrong guy."



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

Recognized


Thanks to Michael Whitson for the use of his picture "Broken Window".
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ric Myworld All rights reserved.
Ric Myworld has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.