General Poetry posted August 22, 2013 Chapters:  ...74 75 -76- 77... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A 3X Poem

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Blue Clematis

by Treischel

Blue Clematis
(A 3X Poem)



This blue flower is a climbing vine.
The Blue Clematis clings by vine,
On walls and fences you'll find this vine
In color that's divine.

Its deep blue hue matches the sky,
As it climbs so high reaching for sky.
Off the ground, this guy tries to catch sky,
At it will try and try.

Species went from China to Japan.
To Europe it was brought from Japan,
So, it's considered a gift from Japan.
China's where it began.

As the days roll by,
And we tread on by,
The walls and fences as passers by,
A Blue Clematis may catch your eye.






I want over to Lake Harriet in Minneapolis the other day. It has a fabulous Rose Garden there. These Clematis were hanging on the entry fence. According to Wikipedia, Clematis (KLEma-tis) is a genus of about 300 species within the buttercup family. They are mainly of Chinese and Japanese origin. Most species are known as Clematis in English, while some are also known as Traveler's Joy, a name invented for the sole British native. It is composed of mostly vigorous, woody, climbing vines, so finding it on the fence is pretty typical. Clematis species are mainly found throughout the temperate regions of the northern hemisphere, rarely in the tropics. Clematis leaves are food for the caterpillars of some Butterfly species, including the Willow Beauty. The wild Clematis species native to China made their way into Japanese gardens by the 17th century. Japanese garden selections were the first exotic clematises to reach European gardens, in the 18th century, long before the Chinese species were identified at the end of the 19th century. The climbing varieties are valued for their ability to scramble up walls, fences and other structures, and also to grow through other plants, such as shrubs and trees. Some can be trained along the ground to provide cover. Because of their adaptability and masses of spectacular flowers, Clematis are very popular.

This poem is a 3X Poem. This new "3x" format was developed by Fanstorian PF aka Pipersfancy. It has a fixed rhyme scheme of unique repeating rhymes. Although not typical, it makes for an intriguing display.
The end rhyme words of the 1st three lines are the same (Therefore the term, 3x)
The 4th line has to rhyme but is not identical, making each stanza mono-rhyme.
Minimum four stanzas

This photograph was taken by the author himself.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.