Humor Fiction posted July 11, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An Encounter At The Lake.

Beer Buddies

by joann r romei

Jimmy Boy and Sam Slim left their first AA meeting grinning like enlightened fools. The topic discussed motivated and inspired them laughter, tears and to unfortunately triggers.

"Hey Slim, let's celebrate this sobriety thing with a cold one."

" Like Jesus always said, Amen."

They each bought two six packs of Rheingold Beer and headed to Botswana Lake. After polishing off the beers, they blessed God for the feeling of drunkardness. After all they considered themselves recovering alcoholic, being sober just twenty- four hours.

Slim rose, removed his dirty Coors Light hat and sang, How Great Thou Art then accidentally fell into the water. Desperate to stay afloat he hollered out to Jimmy Boy, "Hand me something will ya', you know I can't swim."

Jimmy boy rose unsteadily and grabbed the first stick he could find. He held it out to Slim who was thrashing and bobbing in the lake like a rubber buoy. Jimmy Boy tried to pull his friend out, but was too drunk to stand. He fell on the ground with a huff.

In between gulps, Slim cried out,"Don't stop while I'm hanging on."

Jimmy scratching his head. "Why don't you apply what we learned tonight in the meeting."

Before Slim sank under the water, he frantically replied, "What's that?"

"Let go and let God."










Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. joann r romei All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
joann r romei has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.