Essay Fiction posted June 24, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A synopsis for 'Lonely Hearts Meet.'

Two Tattered Hearts

by barbara.wilkey

ANNA RODGERS fears not only for her won life, but that of MICHAEL, her infant son, while living in her husband, BOBBY's, man-made hell of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.

While at a bookstore near work, Anna stumbles into owner, TROY WHITMAN - a survivor of an abusive home. At the age of ten, Troy witnessed his step-father brutally murder his mother. Troy was rescued and adopted by neighbor and attorney, PAUL SORENSON, who now enjoys retirement.

Bobby notifies Anna that the day care wants Michael picked up because he's running a fever. Against her husband's direct order, Anna rushes the child to the pediatrician.

Anna's punishment for disobeying ends with her in the hospital, and Bobby's arrest. The first thing Bobby does when he's bonded out is go to the hospital and threaten Anna. While security escorts Bobby out, a hospital volunteer overhears the threats and helps Anna get into the battered women's underground. True to form, Bobby goes to a bar, gets into a fight, and returns to jail.

Paul comes out of retirement and agrees to represent Anna during the divorce trial. During the explosive proceedings, Bobby's mother fights for the custody of her grandson, stating Anna's an unfit mother. She tries many different approaches to prove this, including hiring someone to kidnap Michael while at day care. The attempt fails.

While imprisoned, Bobby's friends harass Anna. Released early for good behavior, Bobby learns of Anna's new address. He gains entry and holds Anna hostage. Anna comes close to dying from the beating. During her rescue, the police shoot Bobby.

Anna suffers memory loss, but with counseling and support from friends, she's able to deal with the trauma and finds herself on the road to recovery and a healthy, loving relationship with Troy.




Recognized


I wrote 'Lonely Heart Meet' a while back. I'm now searching for a publisher. I've changed the name to 'Two Tattered Hearts.' I often refer to the story as Anna's story. I think I'd like that in smaller letters under the title. I need input on that. I also need input on the synopsis. PLEASE!!!! Help by telling me if it works, if it's an accurate reflection of the novel, and if it's SPAG free. I'm stuck and decided to reach out to my friends. Thank you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.