Children Fiction posted April 2, 2013


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Super Pig meets the Robertsons

Super Pig Meets Duck Dynasty

by Roxanna Andrews

"This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safty; He is my God and I trust Him." Psalm 91:2


Pinky Pig sat in her mud wallow keeping cool on a warm summer day.

Gabriel Gosling and Nina Kitten stopped by to ask about Donny Duck. "Pinky, have you seen Donny Duck? I haven't seen him all day," Gabriel worried.

Pinky thought about the last time she had seen Gabriel's best friend, Donny. "I haven't seen him today."

"I know where he is," Nina said. "He loves to go to that pond way down the road with all the noisy ducks."

"I'm sure he'll come home when he's ready," Pinky assured Gabriel.

But the next day, Donny still hadn't come home. "I'm getting worried," Gabriel told Pinky. "Maybe we should go look for him."

"I'll tell Super Pig and she'll find Donny," Pinky told him.

THIS WAS A JOB FOR SUPER PIG!

Pinky ran to the woodshed and changed into Super Pig.

Meanwhile in West Monroe, Donny sat in the noisy pond talking with all the other ducks. He loved making new friends, and the ducks of West Monroe had such interesting things to say, though some said nothing but, "Hey, come here!" over and over. Donny thought that was very strange.

Little did he know that some of the ducks were decoys and, "Hey, come here!" was really a duck call used by hunters.

In a nearby tree, three Robertsons, sat inside a duck blind watching the ducks through binoculars. They could see Donny sitting in the middle of the pond and thought he was a fine duck.

"Uncle Si, will you quit jabbing me with your skinny little elbow," Willie said, combing his fingers through his long brown beard.

"Hey, there ain't no room in this duck blind, who built it anyway?" Uncle Si wanted to know.

"Jase did." Willie pointed to his brother.

"There's only supposed to be two people using it, not three," explained Jase. "I told you to stay home."

"Well I needed to come. You two fellers don't know how to lull a duck so he ain't suspicious." Uncle Si wiggled the fingers of both hands as if casting a duck spell.

"Will you guys be quiet, you're gonna scare away the ducks," Willie ordered.

Super Pig arrived at the pond and went in search of Donny, who wasn't hard to find.

"Hey! What in tar nation is that?" Uncle Si exclaimed, looking through the binoculars.

Jase took the binoculars and had a look. "Is that a pig? What's it got on?"

"Let me see." Willie took the binoculars from Jase. "What in the world? That's the craziest thing I've ever seen!"

"Hey, give me those binoculars," insisted Uncle Si. "It's wearing a cape and a mask. Somebody dressed up their pig and it ran away. I don't blame it. I'd run too, if somebody made me dress like that, there."

"Let me see," Willie said.

"Hey, I'm looking right now. You just wait your turn," Uncle Si slapped Willie's hand away.

"We should have brought more binoculars," sulked Willie.

"I didn't think we'd need them. I didn't know he was coming," Jase said, jabbing a thumb toward his Uncle Si.

"You fellers hush up, you're gonna scare the pig," Uncle Si told his nephews.

"Well I just want to see the pig," Willie said, reaching for the binoculars.

Soon a wrestling match broke out over the binoculars, each man wanting to get a look at the strange pig. All the banging around caused the front wall to separate from the rest of the duck blind, and fall down.

Super Pig heard all the ruckus the men were making. When the duck blind wall fell, she froze, staring at the three strange looking men, all with long hair and beards, dressed in camouflage. The three tangled men stared back at the strange pig dressed in a mask and cape.

Donny stared too. "Who's that?" he asked Super Pig.

"I don't know, but let's get out of here," Super Pig advised.

Donny took flight and Super Pig ran as fast as her legs would move her. She ran all the way back to Hollyhock Farm.

"Well I hope you fellers are real happy with yourselves. You scared off the ducks and the pig!"

"Shut up, Uncle Si," Willie and Jase said together.

At dinner that night, after the prayer, Uncle Si told the rest of the Robertson family about the pig in a mask and cape, but they didn't believe him. "Willie and Jase saw it too."

Willie and Jase backed up Si's story, but it did no good.

"I think you fellers were out in the sun too long," said Si's brother, Phil.

"Have some squirrel brains, Si," Miss Kay said, offering him some from her plate. Uncle Si declined.

Back at Hollyhock Farm, Gabriel and Nina were happy to see Donny. He told them about the strange men.

"It's a good thing Super Pig was there," Gabriel said, relieved his best friend was home.

"I think so too," Donny agreed. "I don't think I'll ever go back there. Besides some of the ducks were a little strange."

When Pinky went to her pen that night she thought about her day. She didn't know what those hairy men were up too, but she was glad Donny was back home in his own pond, right where he belonged.

Pinky said her prayers and tired from her long run, fell fast asleep.



Recognized


I wrote a series of Children's Books about a little pig who thinks she is a Super Hero.

I wrote this just for fun. The Robertson family of Duck Dynasty crack me up and I was thinking what it would be like for Super Pig to have to rescue a duck from them.

They really are a unique family. The father, Phil, was a star QB in high school and college and was drafted by the NFL but he turned it down because it would interfere with duck season. It just wasn't his passion and ducks were. He gave up his starting position in college to Terry Bradshaw. Instead, Phil, designed a duck call that became very popular.

Their son, Willie, with a degree in business took over and turned the little duck calling business in to a multi-million dollar business. Jase does all the designing now, Phil is retired. There are 4 boys and all are involved in the business along with Uncle Si, Phil's brother, who is a real character.

Uncle Si often talks about his time in Vietnam. His trademark is the word "Hey" and the blue Tupperware glass he always carries. His mom sent it to him while he was in Vietnam. He is never without it.

All the men are married, all have children. Phil and Miss Kay as she's called by everyone including her children, have been married 52 years, she was 16 when she married Phil. She is still a beautiful lady and they are still madly in love.

Their reality show is no longer in production but it was unique as there was no foul language, no drinking, no horrible family fights. They are strong Christians and end each show with a prayer around the dinner table.

Donny Duck is named for my illustrator for my Super Pig Children's Books.

Photo- from left to right Miss Kay & Phil, Son Willie and his Wife Korie, Jase and Uncle Si.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Roxanna Andrews All rights reserved.
Roxanna Andrews has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.