Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 20, 2013 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I Tremble

A chapter in the book Family

The Vision

by Treischel

Evening, 1987



Dear God,

I must admit that I was totally surprised the other day by a vision you sent me. I don't believe in such things, so you must understand how shocking it was. A vision? Me? I heard about them, yes, but those are just for Saints and crazy people. I'm not one of them, surely.

Lord, in the middle of the freeway at 65 MPH, is an equally unbelievable place to have such a thing as that. Are you trying to kill me?

Here I was, coming through that big curve in Colorado Springs, going south on I25, just at sunset, and what do I see? I see a vision of your son, Jesus Christ, hovering in the air, just in front of the right, passenger side headlights. It's him all right, right there, moving in fixed tandem with me. He looks just like that statue I've seen many times: that favorite one of mine, The Sacred Heart. You know, the one with His bleeding heart showing, glowing with a ring of gold around it, topped by a tiny crown? Yes, that one, the one with the red robe.

It's a good thing he was transparent, because I was in some pretty heavy traffic just then and couldn't stop. The amazing thing was that one hand was beckoning me to come. His hand was reaching out, and He was drawing it gently back towards his heart. I'm not sure, but I think I heard a soft whisper above the traffic noise. "Come", it said. I almost did too, as I swerved into another lane.

Now Lord, you know I've been avoiding you a lot lately. It's not that I don't love you, or believe in you. I do! It's just that, every time I get close to you, bad things start to happen, crazy things. I get scared Lord. This time was the worst, because, just when I saw that beautiful, compelling vision in front of me. I also heard another voice, an evil voice. It was whispering in my left ear, right by my shoulder. It said, "Don't, if you do, I will kill your daughter." That thought grabbed me with a fearsome terror. A thought so terrifying to me, Lord, as to be unbearable.

So, I drove on. I ignored your son, Lord! I couldn't help it!

Now, I've calmed down a bit Lord. I picked up your book. I drenched the pages in tears. But I found some things there. They tell me that Satan is a liar, Lord. I'm not to believe him. I'm to trust in you.

Well, that's very easy to say, isn't it? What if that's wrong! My daughter, Lord, is a very precious thing to me. I'm not sure I could bear to lose her, Lord.

So Lord, I am trembling as I put this in your hands. I take a step of Faith, here. Will you watch out for her for me? Please protect her and all my family Lord.

Yours truly,


Sinful Man



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.


This is a true story that actually did happen in 1987.

Later, my daughter did become a drug addict. Hooked on crystal meth and many other drugs. She became incorrigible. I thought she was going to end up dead. But we got through it. Now she's married with three wonderful kids. Praise the lord!

The picture comes from Yahoo Clip Images
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.