Children Fiction posted March 4, 2013 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Izabella Frog has a dream about the baby king.

A chapter in the book This Is a Job For Super Pig!

Izabella Frog's Christmas Dream

by Roxanna Andrews

Another of my Super Pig stories I wrote several years ago at Christmas. I wrote it for my little Niece Izabella for her 1st birthday.
****************************************************

When the wise men saw the star they were so happy. It led them to the child and they fell to the ground and worshiped him. They gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Matthew 2:10-11


Snow covered the ground at Hollyhock Farm and Mr. Farmer scattered extra hay on the barn floor to keep the animals warm.

The Frog family who lived near the pond, had dug a burrow and during the winter months they lived underground where it was warm.

Izabella Frog lived in the burrow with her mommy and daddy, and her little brother, Justus.

Mr. Farmer had given the Frogs hay too, and they used it to make their beds and cover their dirt floor.

On Christmas Eve they decorated their tiny Christmas tree and afterward Izabella's daddy lifted her and Justus, high in the air and carried them to their beds of soft hay.

The hay reminded Izabella of the story Pinky Pig told her about a Baby King born long ago. His bed was made from hay too, and He must have liked animals because He was born in a stable. Shepherds in nearby fields were told by angels about the Baby King and wise men came from far away to worship Him. They followed a bright star and brought Him gifts.

"Okay, it's time for sleep," Daddy said as he tucked them in. "It's Christmas tomorrow." He kissed them and turned out the light.

Izabella was asleep quickly and she began to dream.

In her dream, a bright light shone all around her. Izabella looked up and in the night sky was the brightest star she had ever seen, and it was shining down on a little stable.

Izabella hopped to the stable door and peeked inside. All her friends were there. The animals surrounded a wooden manger with a baby boy lying in the hay.

Izabella knew it was the Baby King Pinky Pig had told her about.

Each of the animals knelt before the Little King and presented Him with a gift.

The ducks and geese gave downy feathers to make a pillow for His head. The sheep gave bundles of snowy white wool to make a blanket to keep Him warm.

Pinky Pig gave shiny red apples, so He would grow up strong and healthy.

The Cows gave buckets of milk so He will have strong bones. Adam and Theresa Airedale gave a bright red rubber ball and Barney Horse gave a harness of jingling bells, so He would have toys to play with.

"I don't have a gift for the baby king." Izabella felt bad.

"You don't need a gift," Pinky Pig assured her. "Just give Him your love."

Izabella looked at the Baby King, and He smiled at her. How could she not love Him? But she wanted to give Him a gift, too. If only she could catch a dragonfly. It would be a perfect gift for a king. But she was so small and dragonflies were so big.

"I have to try." Izabella hopped out into the night to find a dragonfly.

Against the starlight, Izabella saw the perfect gift. It was the most beautiful dragonfly she had ever seen. The wings looked like rainbows when the light shone on them, and the body was a bright green. She hopped as high as she could and tried again and again, but couldn't catch the dragonfly!

Izabella was sad. She had no gift for the baby king. She wished her daddy were there. He would catch the dragonfly.

Back in the stable, Pinky Pig asked where Izabella had gone. "She went that way," Theresa Airedale pointed a paw toward the stable door.

Izabella Frog had gone out into the night all alone.

THIS WAS A JOB FOR SUPER PIG!

Pinky changed into her costume, and Super Pig went to find Izabella.

"Izabella!" called Super Pig.

"I'm here! I'm trying to catch a dragonfly for the Baby King, but I'm too small," Izabella said.

"I saw a net in the stable. I'll get it and we can use it to catch the dragonfly."

Super Pig ran to the stable. She got the net and a feed bag and raced back to Izabella.

When the dragonfly flew by her, Super Pig raised the net high in the air and caught it. She put it in the feed bag and gave it to Izabella.

Back inside the stable, Izabella presented her gift to the Little King. She opened the bag and the beautiful dragonfly flew out, its iridescent wings casting rainbow shadows on the stable walls. The Baby King watched the dragonfly buzz around and around, and then He smiled and clapped His hands.

The animals cheered and patted her back. They called her name.

"Izabella, Izabella!"

Justus stood beside her bed patting her. "Izabella, wake up! It's Christmas!"

Izabella's eyes flew open and she hopped out of bed. She went straight to the tiny Christmas tree where a decorated box waited for her. Inside was a necklace with a star pendent, just like the one in her dream.

"Oh, thank you," said Izabella, hugging her parents.

In the farmyard, Mr. and Mrs. Farmer were giving the animals a Christmas party and the Frog family hopped out to join them. Mrs. Farmer had made everyone's favorite, cinnamon pancakes with whipped cream. While they ate, Izabella told everyone about her dream.

That night Pinky thought about the wise men and the gifts that were given. She thought about the Baby King and how He had given the greatest Christmas gift of all, Himself. Before sleep, Pinky said her prayers, thankful for the Baby King who had come to save the world.


 



Recognized


This was publish as a book several years ago. It is now out of print and hard to find. The Co. I used is out of business and the CEO arrested for embezzlement. Isn't that nice. I would like to get it reprinted elsewhere and maybe one day.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Roxanna Andrews All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Roxanna Andrews has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.